Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Setting Goals for the New Year

With every new year, I like to review the previous year to see where I have gone and what I have accomplished. Then I set goals for the new year. The reason that I like to review the precious year is because there are often goals that I have either met or not met. I try to set goals that are attainable and not pie in the sky sort of things that have a very small likelihood of being achieved.

I do a lot of different things. I am a musician, a writer, a web developer and a 3D artist and animator. With each of those things, I may have various goals I will set. I will also have various accomplishments regarding each of them as well. I like to review the accomplishments because we often forget what we have achieved and end up feeling bad regarding the things that we did not achieve. When you see what you have done, it encourages you to strive to do more. If you only concentrate on the things you did not achieve, you may become discouraged.

With my 3D art and animation, I have certain accomplishments that I have achieved over the last year. I created a number of videos and last year was a pretty productive year. At least the last six months of the year were. Not only did I accomplish the tasks of completing various videos but I learned how to do different things within the various programs that I use. So my goals for the upcoming year will be to do some more videos and to also learn how to do a few more things in the programs that I use.

As a writer, I just completed an e-book that I made available for the Kindle. It is now up on Amazon.com. As you may have noticed, I also do online article writing as well. With my online writing, I started this blog called "Bob Craypoe's World" where I write about a variety of things. You may have spotted that one. I also write for a number of websites as well. Over the last year, I made some pretty good money writing and I hope to have a good year this year too.

Over the last year, I completed a very large project on one of my websites. I updated a very large portion of one of my sites that was over 1,800 pages. That was a huge project but I felt so good about having completed it. I have some other goals I want to set with my websites for the upcoming year. I also re-designed two other websites completely. One of them was my worst looking website and now it is one of my better looking sites. both sites were actually in great need of being updated and I am so happy that I did because I am very well pleased with the overall results of both.

With my music, I have certain things I am considering but have not yet made a decision on. I can only put the decisions off for so long; so at some point I will have to decide what my musical goals will be for the upcoming year. I have not done much in the area of live performance over the last year but I did do some videos for some of the music from my CD To Infinity. I hope to do some more videos for more of the songs off of the CD this upcoming year. my eventual goal is to have a video for every song on the CD.

Overall, I would have to say that I am happy with my accomplishments. I hope to do more in the upcoming year but I have not yet outlined what the goals are. I like to outline things on a piece of paper or in a word document on my computer. Then I review it throughout the year to see how I am doing. This is what I suggest other people do:

Review the accomplishments of the previous year and set new goals for the upcoming year. To show you one of the videos I did over the last year, I included a link. Good luck with your goals and the new year and here ya go:



Photo Credit: Image created by Bob Craypoe, also known as R. L. Crepeau

No comments:

Post a Comment