Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Information Can be Fun

I have been writing articles and blogs on the Internet for a number of years now. I have written about a variety of subjects and the posts have varied in length. But one thing I usually try to do with them, no matter what, is to add some entertainment value with the information that I provide. I believe that, by doing that, it makes the post more interesting to the reader. At least I can hope for that, can't I?

A lot of my articles are informational, motivational or instructional. With those articles, I try to throw a little humor in or include a funny image of some kind. I also create my own images, so it probably helps to add some uniqueness to my articles. It probably helps me to stand out in some ways.

As you can see, I  have included a rather amusing little image with this post. It proabably caught your eye. Some of you may be wanting to gouge your eyes out in order to try to unsee what your eyes have already seen. Sorry, too late. It's there, you saw it, get over it.

My point is, and I really do have one, that there are some things that you can do as a writer on the Internet that can help you stand out from the rest. Let's face it, the Internet is one big place. It's huge, man, I tell ya, it's huge. So you need to stand out from the rest if you ever hope to be successful as a writer or blogger on the Internet.

Another fact is that we are living in an image dominated world, where the first thing that often gets our attention is a picture, rather than the headline. So, if you can catch someone's attention with an image, go for it. If that is what it takes to get them to read what you have to say.

I have done some things on the internet with and without the use of images and I have seen the difference in how they were received. The ones with the images or with images that were funny or eye catching were always received better. It's just the way it is. So when you find out how things work, you don't really question it, you just go with it.

So, when you go to write your next internet blog or article, give some thought about what can make you stand out. Try humor or interesting images. Maybe a thought provoking headline or title. Just make it fun. Because, after all, information can be fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment