Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Internet Branding

When people become familiar with a brand name or logo they feel much more comfortable about making a purchase. No matter how many products you have, it becomes easier to sell any one of them if they are all of the same brand.

Let’s use McDonalds restaurants as an example. Their branding consists of the golden arches, Ronald McDonald and the names they give their food. You have the Chicken McNugget, the Egg McMuffin and the Big Mac. Obviously the theme is the Mc before the name. This makes them easier to remember. If it’s easier to remember, then it’s easier for you to become familiar with the product.

Look at the Dummies books as another example. They have a color scheme. Every one of their books has a yellow cover. Just as the Rich Dad series of books use a specific color scheme. That’s called branding. However, even though it is called branding, it is really a form of brainwashing. When you see or hear something over and over again, you can’t help but to remember it.

Now that we've given examples of branding/brainwashing in action, let’s discuss how you can utilize the internet in the branding/brainwashing process. I will demonstrate my point by telling you how I do it.

I have a number of websites. I have one website dedicated to humor, arts and entertainment. I also have a website that is an online magazine, a website that covers the Local New Jersey scene and one that is geared towards people who fly R/C planes. Those are just a few of the different types of sites that I have. They all have one thing in common though. They all belong to the Craypoe.com network of websites.

You may be thinking “So? I never heard of craypoe.com before.” That may be true; however, it would have just been a matter of time before you stumbled upon one of the pages on some site affiliated with craypoe.com. I am confident in that because I have over 4,000 pages on the Internet as of right now and a number of my pages have high search engine rankings.

On the bottom of every page on any one of my websites is a little thing that says: “This Site Is Brought To You By Craypoe.com.” It includes a link to Craypoe.com. On the Craypoe.com website, there are links to every website affiliated with it. That is my form of branding. You see, they say that branding works best with multiple products. I consider each website to be its own product of sorts.

No matter what I do on the internet, I stamp the Craypoe.com name on it. If used enough and seen enough, a certain familiarity with it will be attained by the masses. I am currently doing that with thousands of visitors each month. I aspire for that to one day be millions of visitors each month. We should always strive for better. That’s how we make progress.

One thing I do a lot of in the area of branding is use the character displayed with this blog. I use him as an avatar or profile photo for many of my online accounts. That is another way I can do my own branding.

So are you creating multiple products? You are? Maybe you should have a name that you can stamp on all of them. Start brainwashing the masses today!

Oh, by the way, to see some of my branding in action, you can visit my websites from here: Craypoe.com

1 comment:

  1. Great advice! I am definitely still in learning mode and I appreciate information like this.

    ReplyDelete